Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Structure (Day, Not Story)

"I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things." - Dorothy Parker (from a quote book I intend to use more often)

I'm currently having a conversation with Emily H about the structure of a summer day. We agree that a person feels better after a day when that day has been filled with events. I try to do plenty of varying things each day, including reading for at least an hour, the same with writing, practicing piano for a certain amount of time, etc., etc. I also like to leave the house on a daily basis to prevent cabin fever. One thing we discussed earlier was horses: I would love to live on a horse farm, but it sounds like a lot of money and work. My current thought in my ever-shifting career plan is architect; not sure if they can afford horses and their care, but taking care of the animals would keep one from "going dull."

The thing is, when one "keeps the saw sharp" one doesn't need to worry about getting back into the habit: falling out of them is easy, but getting back into them is not.

T.T.F.N.,
Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment