Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Movie Review: X-Men: First Class (2011)

I went to see this with a friend today, and I rather enjoyed it. Mind, I haven't seen one and two, but I saw three and four respectively when they came out. I loved Magneto's history - very sad - and Charles Xavier was a great character. The pacing between action and non-action was pretty much good, and the special effects were spectacular. I enjoyed the, shall we say, cameo at one part.

What I didn't understand was this: Why would an ex-Nazi join Russia? Weren't fascists and communists enemies? And diamonds are supposed to be the strongest thing in the world, so how could the lady who turns into diamonds be throttled by metal? Again, I could be wrong about either of those.

But overall, I enjoyed the movie. I really ought to watch them all in order.

Final grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment