Friday, June 3, 2011

Last Post of the [School] Year

The next time I plan to post, sometime on Monday, I shall be on my summer holiday. So this is my last post this school year. On Monday I have my Creative Writing exam, which will mime a novel submission packet. I already did a synopsis (and it's not the novel I'm working on now, ha), so I'm already about a quarter done. I can't say I'll miss Biology, but CW I definitely will. My teacher is just awesome.

Went to Printz today and found out the book I had planned to review was not up for review. I reviewed it anyway. If any are wondering, it was Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry and it was awesome. They told us of some thing for picture book illustrators; that might be worth a shot. I do draw...occasionally. Doodle is a more accurate word. I've thought of writing them, and perhaps I shall, but many of my tales are quite dark. One is only slightly dark (a witch turning children into pumpkins), so maybe I'll try that.

Speaking of libraries, I have a crap ton of books out now: summer reading? Almost done with The Stand; will post a review when I finish. I have a cool vintage edition now that I had to recycle my newish one, which was rain-soaked a week ago. The villain is one of literature's best bad guys ever. I also lost my three-and-a-half-year-old iPod to the rain. My first ever, my precious thing.... I tore it apart and threw the pieces away. I have another now and I still listen to Mossflower on it. I have also been listening to a bit of Grateful Dead lately. They're pretty good, actually. I haven't paid attention to the lyrics, but the music sounds good.

Might watch Romero's Night of the Living Dead this weekend. We'll see. I got it at a used bookstore that also sold CDs and DVDs. It's supposed to be good.

Time to wrap up.

Love,
Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment