Monday, June 6, 2011

Movie Review: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog (2008)

I believe this was my first encounter with Joss Whedon, also known for Firefly, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (show is awesome, movie's supposed to suck), and Dollhouse. I've not seen the others listed, aside from two episodes of Buffy, but I enjoyed Dr. Horrible a lot. Not too long, and I think it started as an online movie. Neil Patrick Harris is a brilliant actor...and singer, as it turns out. I actually sang along with what I could remember, the music is so good. A lot better than a lot of modern-day stuff.

Notorious supervillain Dr. Horrible is trying to make his way into the Evil League of Evil, and after failing a heist because of his pompous nemesis Captain Hammer, he finds the only way into the League is something even he dare not do: murder.

It's a great movie, very funny and quirky, and fun to watch. The climax, for those of you who have seen it, seemed a bit random by chance (hint: boom!), and I don't mean to spoil, but it seemed a bit too lucky...and unlucky. If you are confused, watch the blasted film! It's great!

Final grade: B.

Farewell,
Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment