Saturday, April 2, 2011

Why Am I Awake?

Look at the hour! Goodness. I felt like writing another blog post, so here it is. I am listening to David Foster's version of "Carol of the Bells" (mentioned in the previous post). It is a beautiful piece of music, any time of year. I remember reading Harry Potter while listening to it. Don't ask why, 'cause I don't know. I need to reread those; they were unbelievably good. When Deathly Hallows - Part 2 comes out, I will be uber excited, but sad when it ends too. I grew up with Harry....

As mentioned a couple times, I have a guitar now and I am currently teaching myself basic chords. Hannah will help me with the other stuff. Ah, yes: Did I offend anyone? I hope not, but I, too, am allowed an opinion (objective opinions may make a good post). Just know that I love you (in a friendly sort of way), and that I hold you all in high esteem. So. Guitar. I figured out a few snippets of songs via individual strings, such as the Harry Potter theme, the climax of "Journey to the Cave" (HP6), "Smoke on the Water," "Brand New Day" (Dr. Horrible), etc., etc. I have at least one out of three basic chords down; need to check if I remember the other two. It's actually a lot of fun.

I had a piano lesson on Saturday (yesterday). It had been a while, and now I have playing homework (which I'm actually remembering this time). This is turning out interesting. I like to participate in more than one art; I am attempting to get into acting once more, but need to persevere yet. Visual arts I'm semi-decent at, but I do not often engage in them. Ezra says that a person usually has two arts (he has at least three...ha), and I agree on the jack-of-all-trades level, but I think it is possible to do more than two things, even if for fun.

Fun - that's what it's about, yes?

On another topic, I still do not know what I want to do as an adult career. I know I've got time, but STILL. I'm thinking between teacher and librarian now, but neither seem to pay well. (Not in it for money, but I would like to be able to make a living, too). I want a job that I can live off of, but also I have time to do stuff I love (read, write, etc.).

One more spontaneous item to this random post: I would like some tea. Oh, and yes: I stayed up all night somehow.

So, tea.

I will post later.

G'day!
Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment