Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

Here it is: 2011. The second year of the second decade of the first century of the third millennium. And as I attempted to convey in the last post, life goes on. I feel compelled to tell you (not sure why) what the first thing I ate this year was: A bowl of blueberry/oats cereal. Anyway, I think I have some resolutions, which I may or may not change:


  • Write a sizable novel
  • Learn guitar
  • Take Drivers' Ed (I keep saying that!)
  • Get more involved at school
  • Read a book of 1,000+ pages (finishing The Stand would count)
  • Watch an episode of Doctor Who
  • Leave the country (vacation wise)
  • Read/finish certain books
    • The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
    • Dracula
    • The Graveyard Book
    • Alice in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass
    • A Christmas Carol
    • The Stand, as mentioned before
    • Wizard and Glass (The Dark Tower IV)
    • Year's Best SF 14
    • Preludes & Nocturnes (Sandman 1)
    • For the Win
  • Visit my Florida friends, whom I have not seen for years
  • Get something published in a book/magazine/anything printed
  • Record a song
  • Write a script
  • Play Quidditch (yes, you read correctly)
  • Start learning a language (I'm thinking Spanish or French)
  • Get back into acting
Whoa, that's a lot! I didn't expect that many. Now I don't know if I'll be able to do all of them, but "shoot for the moon," eh?

Sorry; my computer is acting up. I spent HOURS writing this post, and now most of it's gone. I don't think I'll rewrite it, but I'm very ticked now.

Anyhow, happy new year and all that, and I'm going to bed now. Maybe I'll post more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment