Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pensieve: The Party of the Prince

So yeah, I'm a Potter nerd. Shocking? Hardly, say I, but I do know myself pretty well. So I wasn't sure what to post, so I decided to share a memory (hence the pensieve).

When I was ten, my good friend Pam took me and her daughter and granddaughter to the midnight release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (the book). I was on summer break at the time, between fourth and fifth grade. I remember scrambling for a costume, and making an attempt at a Harry one (original!), and somehow won a prize for it: an Eldest CD with chapter one read by the author, followed by and interview with him (on the CD--I've never met Paolini, though I would love to, and my Aunt Kelly has). Now you see, this was around my "start a hundred books and finish none of them" phase, which I wish had never happened. But it did, and that's that. I saw a teacher from my elementary school there, although as she married that summer, I am not sure if she was Ms. Lee or Mrs. Hargett then.

I remember going to Barnes & Noble and having fun, then to the mall food court across the street, then to a store I had never known about: Quail Ridge Books & Music (for those of you who don't know, I go there pretty much every two weeks now for a writing group). Now sadly, I had not read the series yet, but when I did (when I was twelve), I loved them. I ought to reread them nowadays.

I also went to the Deathly Hallows one, but that was two years later, and I knew some more of you people then. For now, that's most of what I remember.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good,
Danny | Lewis | Harry

2 comments: