Friday, May 20, 2011

And I'm Nearing the End

"Even if I knew for certain that the world would end tomorrow, I'd plant an apple tree today." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. (approximate quotation)

I heard something interesting this morning: that the world will end tomorrow. Will it? I have my doubts, but if it did, would it be worth panicking? I should think not. If it did, I'd like to spend my last day in this world with friends. I'm not the type to freak out about death; I either laugh at it or calmly accept it.

That's not the original purpose for this post's title (which is an ALL CAPS lyric, by the way). The original point was about yet another school year ending. It's not quite over yet, but it will be soon, and then there are only two more before I get shipped off to college somewhere. I feel like this has more or less been the best year yet, largely thanks to Creative Writing, but also due to other things. Even though I've much to work at, I am happy. I am still trying to break into acting, but I have some time. Book club goes well. I had my third meeting today, and it was the first one at which I reviewed a book (The Floating Islands - the review is on my other blog, Winter Reviews).

I saw a play last night, titled The Somewhat True Tale of Robin Hood. It was funny, and I recognized one actor from my school. I think I could write plays as well as act in them. Why not? I'm still young.

I might have my first guitar lesson this weekend from Hannah, but nothing is certain. That being said, I might go to this Autism Society campground tomorrow to look around. That might be interesting.

I watched Thor last Sunday, and it was excellent. I really loved Loki. I might see Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides this weekend, if lucky.

Summer will hopefully be spent reading, watching movies and Doctor Who, and writing and blogging. I might do something I have not done in many a year: attend a camp. I'm thinking writing and/or acting camp.


No comments:

Post a Comment