Friday, December 30, 2011

Books of 2011

Yes, this is ripped off of Olivia's awesome blog because it struck me as a good idea. I shall forthwith produce a list of the books I've read this year. The numbers have nothing to do with rank; they just count how many books I've read this year. The ratings I give will be by letter, but one may imagine them as stars: one star fails, and an grade-"A" book gets five. Savvy? Oh, and some of my favorite books may get three or four stars due to more critical, objective aspects, as opposed to how much I enjoyed them. Also, I may change my views over time, so don't be shocked to see a different grade on Shelfari of GoodReads or whatever.

Begin!

  1. 9 (screenplay) ~ C
  2. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland ~ A
  3. Animal Farm ~ B
  4. Between Shades of Gray ~ B
  5. Catching Fire ~ B
  6. Catwings Return ~ C (apparently this is part of a series, so I might change the "memory grade" later)
  7. A Christmas Carol ~ C
  8. The Clockwork Experiment ~ B (Olivia's book - not yet published, but I'm rooting for it to catch an agent's eye)
  9. The Crucible ~ A (can't remember if I actually read all of it, as it was for English class and partly read and partly viewed as a film)
  10. Dead End in Norvelt ~ B
  11. Death Note 1 ~ A (although this is my first and so far only manga, so I may not be the best judge)
  12. The Doll's House (Sandman #2) ~ B
  13. Dracula ~ B
  14. Every You, Every Me ~ A
  15. Fahrenheit 451 ~ B
  16. The Floating Islands ~ A
  17. The Giver ~ B
  18. The Great Redwall Feast ~ B
  19. Hamlet ~ A
  20. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy ~ A
  21. The Hunger Games ~ B
  22. Lady Windermere's Fan ~ B
  23. Macbeth ~ B
  24. Mattimeo ~ C
  25. MirrorMask ~ A
  26. Misery (screenplay) ~ A
  27. Mockingjay ~ B
  28. Mossflower ~ B
  29. Of Mice and Men ~ B
  30. Othello ~ A
  31. Painted Fire ~ B
  32. Paper Covers Rock ~ A
  33. Paper Towns ~ B
  34. Persepolis ~ A
  35. The Phantom Limb ~ D
  36. The Poison Eaters and Other Stories ~ A
  37. Preludes & Nocturnes (Sandman #1) ~ A
  38. Redwall ~ A
  39. Requiem: Poems of the Terezin Ghetto ~ F
  40. Robot Haiku ~ C
  41. Romeo and Juliet ~ A
  42. Rot & Ruin ~ B
  43. Salome ~ B
  44. The Shadowing: Hunted ~ C
  45. The Stand ~ C
  46. The Summer of May ~ C
  47. Ten Little Indians (play) ~ B
  48. Through the Looking-Glass ~ B
  49. The Two Princesses of Bamarre ~ A
  50. Vampire Crush ~ F (I didn't even read the whole thing, but it was definitely awful)
  51. Welcome to Bordertown ~ B
  52. Wither ~ B
  53. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz ~ A (if you can picture something even better than the beloved late-'30's movie, you know what I mean)
So there we have it. Fifty-three, eh? My goal (and resolution) for 2012 is to read more than that. I'll set it at seventy-five. Maybe eventually I'll be in the hundreds, eh? We shall see!

1 comment:

  1. Geez, Macbeth, Paper Towns, and the Hunger Games trilogy? And Bordertown? My book is keeping good company!

    ReplyDelete